|28||29||30||31|| || || |
HEALTHFUL LIVING EDUCATION
Welcome to the Healthful Living Education pages. Healthful Living describes two instructional disciplines:
K - HS
K - HS
As outlined by the state and national standards, students should receive instruction at each grade level in both disciplines. (To view the national standards, please scroll down from the Curriculum & Instruction pull down menu located at the top of this page).
North Carolina State Board of Education and the Department of Public
Instruction continue to recognize the value in comprehensive sequential
Physical Education and Health Education instruction
at each grade level. In fact, one High School semester of Health
Education coursework and one High School semester of Physical Education
coursework, as per State Board of Education policy: GCS-N-004 is required in order to receive a North Carolina high school diploma.
This instruction must be delivered by the appropriately licensed classroom teachers as per State Board of Education policy: TCP-A-001
guiding mission of the North Carolina State Board of Education is that
every public school student will graduate from high school, globally
competitive for work and postsecondary education and prepared for life
in the 21st Century. This includes the following goals for healthy
- Every learning environment will be inviting, respectful, supportive, inclusive, and flexible for student success,
- Every school provides an environment in which each child has positive, nurturing relationships with caring adults,
- Every school promotes a healthy, active lifestyle where students are encouraged to make responsible choices,
- Every school focuses on developing strong student character, personal responsbility, and community/world involvement,
- Every school reflects a culture of learning that empowers and prepares students to be life-long learners.
NOTE: For information on Driver's Training and Driving Eligibility Certificates please visit: DPI
For information on Athletics please visit: NC High School Athletic Association